TODAY’S GAME-O-TRON 3000® CONTEST: (answers below)
HIGHER OR LOWER?!
We asked Morning Mix fill-in host Troy Baumgartner the following questions with number answers. His guess is in parentheses. Guess whether the right answer is higher or lower than Steve’s guess.
• HOW MANY STARS ARE ON THE LOGO FOR PARAMOUNT STUDIOS (Troy’s Guess: 9)
• HOW MANY STITCHES ARE ON A REGULATION BASEBALL (Troy’s Guess: 63)
• THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF AN AFRICAN BUSH ELEPHANT (Troy’s Guess: 2,000 pounds)
OHIO VS. MICHIGAN
As trucks from Ohio and Michigan show off their food creations at Cedar Point’s Food Truck Wars August 24-26 and August 31-September 3, we’ll test your knowledge of the two neighboring states. (answers below)
• The first traffic lights were used on roads in this state.
• This state has the world’s largest weathervane.
MRS. FIELDS MYSTERY CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY PERSON CONTEST-August 15: (answer below)
• Our birthday boy was born August 15, 1972.
• This award winning actor and filmmaker began his career as a child in a PBS educational show.
• He gained wider recognition when he and a childhood acting friend won the Golden Globe and Academy Award for a late 90s classic.
• Quite the ladies man, he dated Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lopez, before dating yet another actress in a relationship which recently ended.
• You might also see him as a professional at the poker table…or an AA meeting to keep from falling back into alcoholism.
WILD TRIVIA WEDNESDAY
Find out all kinds of random facts and answer multiple choice questions to win every Wednesday on The Morning Mix.
FACT OF THE WEEK: The largest hotel suite in the world is the 13,553 square foot Royal Residence at Grand Hills Broumana in Lebanon. The mansion features a private entrance and 7 floors of pure luxury. The Presidential Suite will set you back $4385 per night in US currency!
SCHOOL SPIRIT CONTEST
TOP 3 POINTS LEADERS
BRIAR MIDDLE 5,434
THIS IS THE LAST POINTS UPDATE BEFORE THE END OF THE CONTEST JULY 31. WINNING SCHOOLS AND PLANS FOR THEIR CASH AWARDS WILL BE ANNOUNCED IN MID-AUGUST.
A NEW SCHOOL SPIRIT CONTEST BEGINS AUGUST 1 THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2018.
GAME-O-TRON 3000® CONTEST ANSWER:
HIGHER OR LOWER?!
• HOW MANY STARS ARE ON THE LOGO FOR PARAMOUNT STUDIOS (Troy’s Guess: 9; Correct Answer: HIGHER! 22…originally they had 24, and they never explained why it was changed)
• HOW MANY STITCHES ARE ON A REGULATION BASEBALL (Troy’s Guess: 63; Correct Answer: HIGHER! 108)
• THE MAXIMUM WEIGHT OF AN AFRICAN BUSH ELEPHANT (Troy’s Guess: 2,000 pounds; Correct Answer: HIGHER! 14,000 POUNDS)
OHIO VS. MICHIGAN ANSWERS
• The first traffic lights were used in OHIO. On August 5, 1914, the American Traffic Signal Co installed the first electric traffic light system at East 105th Street and Euclid Avenue in Cleveland.
• The world’s largest weathervane is located in Montague, MICHIGAN. It stands 48 feet tall and weighs 3500 pounds. Its wind arrow is 26 feet long.
MRS. FIELDS MYSTERY CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY PERSON ANSWER- August 15:
Ben Affleck is 46.