TODAY’S GAME-O-TRON 3000® CONTEST: (answers below)
WHAT’S MINE LIKE?!
Here’s a description of something of mine. Figure out what it is with five clues:
• Mine are thicker now that I’m older for some reason
• I only do anything with mine about every three weeks
• The older I get, the harder it is to get to them
• At least one of mine is black and blue most of the time
• If I trim it too close,it’ll hurt for days.
MRS. FIELDS MYSTERY CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY PERSON CONTEST-FEBRUARY 14: (answer below)
• Our Valentine birthday boy was born February 14, 1972.
• This singer and songwriter is best known as the lead singer of an alternative rock band that got its start in the late 1990’s.
• He’s had a great solo career as well, and has worked with some amazing musicians, such as Willie Nelson and Mick Jagger, but his biggest hit was doing the vocals on a song by a 60s and 70s classic rock guitar legend.
• Shortly after his band had its first taste of success, he met a model, who eventually became his wife, and this fall, they’ll celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary.
• Causes he’s behind include animal charities, needy people, medical care and legalizing same-sex marriage.
WILD TRIVIA WEDNESDAY
Find out all kinds of random facts and answer multiple choice questions to win every Wednesday on The Morning Mix.
FACT OF THE WEEK: A simple peck on the cheek uses two muscles. A passionate kiss, on the other hand, uses every one of the 34 muscles in your face. Kissing releases the same neuro-transmitters in our brains as parachuting, bungee jumping and running!
SCHOOL SPIRIT CONTEST
TOP 3 POINTS LEADERS-February 19, 2018
PERKINS HIGH SCHOOL 1,613
* Regional Center For Advanced Academic Studies at Sandusky City Schools
THIS IS A MIX BONUS WEEK! Mention Mix 102.7 while turning in receipts for anything purchased this week (Monday 2/19-Sunday 2/25) by the close of business Sunday, and you’ll get double points for the school of your choice.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNING SCHOOLS FROM THE CONTEST WHICH ENDED DEC. 31:
#1 Meadowlawn $2000 to buy supplies associated with the Pirate Power Hour program
#2 Briar Middle School $1200 to help pay for an 8th grad class trip to Philadelphia and to aid students whose families suffered losses over the last year
#3 Norwalk St. Paul High School $800 to purchase Chrome Books
GAME-O-TRON 3000® CONTEST ANSWER:
WHAT’S MINE LIKE?!
I was describing MY TOENAILS.
MRS. FIELDS MYSTERY CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY PERSON ANSWER- FEBRUARY 14:
Rob Thomas is 46.