TODAY’S GAME-O-TRON 3000® CONTEST: (answers below)
WHO’S YOUR BUDDY?!
How well do you know the movie Elf? Let’s find out. Get three of five right to win.
• What is the name the elves gave Buddy when he was discovered at the workshop?
• Buddy has this gross habit of finding what on the sidewalk and eating it?
• Can you name any two of the four Elf food groups?
• According to Buddy, fake Santas sit on what?
• According to Buddy, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is doing what loud enough for all to hear?
MRS. FIELDS MYSTERY CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY PERSON CONTEST-December 12: (answer below)
• Our birthday boy was born December 12, 1915.
• He is one of the best-selling music artists of all time, having sold more than 150 million records worldwide.
• The swing era is when his career started under bandleaders Harry James and Tommy Dorsey.
• By the early 1950s, he turned to Las Vegas, where he became one of its best known residency performers as part of the Rat Pack.
• As an actor, he won awards for TV and forged a highly successful career as a film actor, winning an Oscar while appearing in dramas and musicals.
WILD TRIVIA WEDNESDAY
Find out all kinds of random facts and answer multiple choice questions to win every Wednesday on The Morning Mix.
FACT OF THE WEEK: The biggest selling Christmas single of all time is Bing Crosby’s classic, “White Christmas,” from the soundtrack of the holiday movie classic, “Holiday Inn.” More than 100-million copies have been sold.
SCHOOL SPIRIT CONTEST
TOP 3 POINTS LEADERS-DECEMBER 10:
SANDUSKY MIDDLE SCHOOL 23606
BRIAR MIDDLE 5901
THIS IS A MIX BONUS WEEK! Mention Mix 102.7 while turning in receipts for anything purchased this week (Monday 12/10-Sunday 12/16) by the close of business Sunday, and you’ll get double points for the school of your choice.
Donate canned, non-perishable food for Salvation Army and get 20 BONUS POINTS for your school through December 12. Food donation points are not eligible for double points.
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNING SCHOOLS FROM THE CONTEST THAT RAN FROM JANUARY 1-JULY 31:
MEADOWLAWN INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL- $2000 for their science lab & student technology equipment
FURRY ELEMENTARY- $1200 to bring a children’s author to their school
SANDUSKY HIGH SCHOOL- $800 for quarterly perfect attendance awards
GAME-O-TRON 3000® CONTEST ANSWER:
WHO’S YOUR BUDDY?!
Here’s the answers to the questions about the movie Elf.
• Since he was wearing them, they named him LITTLE BUDDY DIAPERS.
• Buddy picks up CHEWED PIECES OF GUM and eats them.
• The four Elf food groups are CANDY, CANDY CANES, CANDY CORN and SYRUP.
• Fake Santas sit on A THRONE OF LIES.
• The best way to spread Christmas cheer is SINGING loud enough for all to hear.
MRS. FIELDS MYSTERY CELEBRITY BIRTHDAY PERSON ANSWER- December 12:
Frank Sinatra would have been 103 today.