Saturday , 21 October 2017

Hollywood Dirt

TODAY’S DIRT:

It’s a bad day for the Weinstein family. As we previously reported, Harvey Weinstein was set to call in to a meeting of the board of directors at The Weinstein Company while away at a treatment center in Arizona. He did.It’s a bad day for the Weinstein family. As we previously reported, Harvey Weinstein was set to call in to a meeting of the board of directors at The Weinstein Company while away at a treatment center in Arizona. He did.It seems the call went on as planned and Harvey officially resigned from the company. It’s unclear, however, what will happen to the 23% stake of TWC that he owns. So far, no lawsuits have been launched against Weinstein or TWC, but that could change. Meanwhile, brother Bob Weinstein who was said to be “livid” over his brother’s actions, is being accused of sexual harassment too. Amanda Segel, who was the showrunner and executive producer of TWC’s series “The Mist,” tells “Variety” that Bob repeatedly hit on her and and asked her out to dinner despite her saying no to him. Segel says Bob only stopped after she threatened to leave the show. “‘No’ should be enough,” she notes. “After ‘no,’ anybody who has asked you out should just move on. Bob kept referring to me that he wanted to have a friendship. He didn’t want a friendship. He wanted more than that. My hope is that ‘no’ is enough from now on.”Weinstein vehemently denies any harassment took place. “’Variety’s’ story about Bob Weinstein is riddled with false and misleading assertions by Ms. Segel and we have the emails to prove it,” Bob’s lawyer Bert Fields says in a statement. “But even if you believe what she says it contains not a hint of any inappropriate touching or even any request for such touching. There is no way in the world that Bob Weinstein is guilty of sexual harassment, and even if you believed what this person asserts there is no way it would amount to that.”

Source: Deadline

Jennifer Lawrence has denied having any run-ins with Harvey Weinstein, but that doesn’t mean she’s gone through her career unscathed. The actress remembers being made to take part in a nude line-up early in her career all in the name of making her lose 15 pounds in two weeks.”One girl before me had already been fired for not losing enough weight fast enough and during this time a female producer had me do a nude line-up with five women who were much, much thinner than me,” Lawrence explains. “We all stood side-by-side with only [tape] covering our privates. After that degrading and humiliating line-up, the female producer told me I should use the naked photos of myself as inspiration for my diet.”JLaw goes on to say she felt “trapped” because she did try and stick up for herself. “I asked to speak to a producer about the unrealistic diet regime and he replied by saying he didn’t know why everyone thought I was so fat,” she adds. “He thought I was perfectly f**kable.””I was young and walking that fine line of sticking up for myself without being called difficult, which they did call me, but I believe the word they used was ‘nightmare,'” Lawrence explains. “Every human being, no matter how successful they are, should have the power to be treated with respect because they’re human.”ONE MORE THING! In case you missed it, America Ferrera has also gotten real about the sexual assault she experienced as a child. The actress writes that her first time dealing with sexual assault was when she was just nine and it was by the hands of someone she’d see daily for years. “I told no one and lived with the shame and guilt thinking all along that I, a 9-year-old child, was somehow responsible for the actions of a grown man,” Ferrera adds. “Ladies, let’s break the silence to the next generation of girls won’t have to live with this bulls**t.”

Source: Us Weekly

 
Add Molly Ringwald to the list of ladies who have experienced sexual harassment and assault in Hollywood. She, however, wasn’t a victim of Harvey Weinstein. The actress did work with Weinstein on the first movie he produced, 1990’s “Strike It Rich,” and saw his angry side. The Weinsteins owed her money for that movie and after taking them to court and getting what was hers, she never worked with them again. But Ringwald was far from out of the woods. She says that when she was 13, a 50-year-old crew member pressed his erection against her. And when she was 14? A married director “stuck his tongue” in her mouth on set. Ringwald adds that she had very protective parents who did their best to shelter her, and she “shudders” to think what would have happened without them. So with this Weinstein scandal, Ringwald hopes Hollywood will “enact real change.” “I hope that young women will one day no longer feel that they have to work twice as hard for less money and recognition, backward and in heels,” she adds. “It’s time.”

Source: The New Yorker

Harvey Weinstein may be a predator, but he’s not as crafty about hiding it. In fact, Skeet Ulrich says he knew about the allegations of sexual harassment and abuse. “I knew. Most people knew,” the “Scream” star says. “I had dinner with someone who is one of the most famous women on the planet…who has not come out, who told me similar things.” He wouldn’t name names, but Rose McGowan – one of his “Scream” co-stars – was one of the first women to accuse Weinstein of harassing and ultimately, raping her. Skeet stayed quiet for the same reason that so many of the women did – for the sake of his career. “There is nothing you can do. I mean, what am I gonna do? I can’t step up, certainly then, on allegations,” he explains. “I think it’s what most people faced: How do you cut your livelihood from a very powerful corporation on something that you don’t know what the facts are?” He also says he was glad when the women started stepping forward.

Source: Cosmopolitan

Don’t worry, Kendall Jenner isn’t going anywhere. RadarOnline is reporting Kendall wants to leave “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” to focus on modeling. What’s more, the site claims she also plans on splitting her time between New York and Paris to get away from her famous family. “[Kendall] wants to be phased out as soon as possible,” an insider tells Radar. “She knows people look at her and snicker because of her family and it bugs her. Kendall adores her family but figures it’s death by association, if she’s not careful.”A rep for Kendall denies the story, saying it’s “fabricated.”Source: Gossip Cop
Blac Chyna promised to take legal action against Rob Kardashian, but now she’s including his whole family. She filed a lawsuit yesterday against Rob, his sisters, Kim, Khloé, and Kourtney Kardashian; and Kendall and Kylie Jenner; and their mother, Kris Jenner. Dream’s mother is claiming – among other things – assault, battery, domestic violence, defamation, and interference with prospective economic relations. According to the paperwork filed by Chyna – real name Angela White – “Rob Kardashian is an abuser intent on destroying…the mother of his baby, who left him in 2016. In revenge, the Kardashian-Jenner family became media predators, slut-shaming her on social media and killing her hit television show [“Rob & Chyna”], which had already begun filming a second season.”She also said that a jealous and insecure Rob hacked her social media, stressed her out the entire pregnancy, and physically abused her – in addition to the revenge porn that happened in July. As for the show, the family “intentionally interfered” with the show so that E! wouldn’t bring it back for a second season – a move that hurt her “personally, professionally, and financially.” Chyna’s lawyer, Lisa Bloom, said she’s glad to help Chyna stand up for her rights. “Revenge porn is wrong and illegal. Domestic violence is wrong and illegal. We will aggressively prosecute this case until we get justice,” she added. Chyna’s seeking punitive damages, and a rep for the Kardashians hasn’t commented.

Source: Page Six

A day after Minka Kelly shut down rumors that she broke up Jesse Williams’ marriage, the two of them stepped out for a date night. An eyewitness spotted the pair taking in a screening of “Friday the 13th” at a theater in Hollywood. In case you missed it, an Instagram user took to the comments section of one Minka’s posts to say, “I hope the cheating rumors aren’t true. It would be disappointing.” She replied, “They’re not. Hate for you to be disappointed. Glad I could clear that up for you. Now [screw] off.” (we edited, she didn’t) Later, when another user commented on her expletive, she said, “I stand by it. Anyone and their assumptions about my personal life can do the same.” As we’ve reported previously, Jesse and his wife, Aryn Drake-Lee, filed for divorce in April. He and Minka allegedly began dating earlier this year.

Source: Us Weekly

The Royal Baby has a Date: Prince William and Duchess Kate Middleton have revealed the due date of their third child. If all goes according to plan, the latest royal baby will make his or her debut in April 2018. The new addition will join big brother, four-year-old Prince George, and two-year-old big sister, Princess Charlotte.

BIRTHDAYS

– ACTOR ZAC EFRON IS 30

– ACTOR JEAN-CLAUDE VAN DAMME IS 57

– ACTORESS DAWN WELLS OF GILLIGAN’S ISLAND FAME IS 79

– SINGER NE-YO IS 38

– FORMER CHICAGO BEARS FOOTBALL COACH MIKE DITKA 78

– AND CELEBRITY DAUGHTER BRISTOL PALIN IS 27

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Leave a Reply