THE MORNING MIX WITH RANDY HUGG PRESENTED BY QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE ON CLEVELAND ROAD NEAR THE CEDAR POINT CAUSEWAY AND THE SANDUSKY DQ GRILL & CHILL, 5th STREET AT THE CEDAR POINT CAUSEWAY.
E-mail Randy! CLICK HERE
Hear a guest that you’d like to learn more about? CLICK HERE FOR THE MORNING MIX GUEST PAGE
WEDNESDAY ON THE MORNING MIX
• Back to School laughs with Kyle Cease on the Morning Comedy Mix at 6:20.
• Ice cream makers Ben & Jerry actually were going into a different food business. Find out what it was, plus other fun facts throughout the morning on Wild Trivia Wednesday. Listen at 7:15, 8:15, and 9:15 for multiple choice questions for a shot at winning free food from Quaker Steak & Lube in Sandusky.
• Win tickets to the North American Demo Boat Show at Cedar Point, Mix Cruise boarding passes and more in the Game-O-Tron 3000® contest at 7:30.
• We’ll celebrate with a birthday star of music and TV on The 80s At 8
• I’ve got a state-by-state list of the most popular items sold in Walmart. Find out what’s tops in Ohio at 8:30
• Guess the identity of our Mystery Celebrity Birthday Person to win a Mrs. Fields Cookie Cake at 8:45
• Listen for Toledo Zoo Truth Or Lion trivia around 9:25 and guess whether the statement was Truth or Lion (lyin’) to win tickets to the zoo.
• “Your Hallway” in our Mix Minute At Work at 9:40
TUESDAY’S 80s AT 8 SONG: TEARS FOR FEARS-Everybody Wants To Rule The World. Singer and co-founder Roland Orzibal is 56 today.
BONUS VIDEO FOR 80s FANS: THE MOONWALKING PARROT.
Don’t tell Pablo the parrot that Michael Jackson has passed away. He’s a huge fan and will be devastated.
Answer TRUTH or LION (lyin’) for the Toledo Zoo trivia question on the entry form below. One randomly-selected person with the correct answer will win a pair of Toledo Zoo tickets. The question will be announced weekly Wednesday around 9:25. After the question, submit your answer in the entry form below. The correct answer with the randomly selected winner will come up at 9:55. Good luck!
2017 MOST POPULAR BABY NAMES…SO FAR:
Top Ten Boys Names For 2017..So Far
Top Ten Girls Names For 2017…So Far
Now you can write with bacon too!
Oscar Mayer has created a computer font with bacon. The online generator lets you type in a message and convert it into strips of sizzling bacon. Once you type your bacon messages, or “baconversations” as Oscar Mayer calls them, into the online generator, you can “cook your message” which creates a video that shows your message coming together. And then you can share it on social media or download and share with anyone you choose. The generator only allows for 16 characters, so you need to get creative to make your point. Source: Extra Crispy
CLICK HERE TO CREATE YOUR OWN BACONVERSATION!
All Moms Will Want This Funny Bathroom Door Sign!
If you have kids, you probably can’t remember the last time you took a shower without a small voice calling you, reaching under the door, or bursting in the bathroom. Once you have little ones, there really is no privacy for you in there. That’s why we can all relate to this hilarious sign posted to the “Mommas Helping Mommas Facebook” page. It reads:If mom is in the bathroom you are NOT allowed to . . .#1 Knock, unless the house is on fire or someone is bleeding AND/OR dead; #2 Scream questions at me if the shower is running! HOT TIP: I CAN’T HEAR YOU!; #3 Wait for me within inches of the door and then yell at me when you get slammed in the face like it’s my fault; #4 Slip me notes of any kind, especially the ones with those check boxes. And the awesome sign ends with, “Ask yourself this before knocking … Can I survive the next two minutes without mom?” And it’s followed by two check boxes, “yes” and “no.” Source: POPSUGAR CLICK HERE TO READ MORE ABOUT THE HILARIOUS SIGN.
Lake Superior State University’s 42nd Annual List of Banished Words (2017)
Through the years, LSSU has received tens of thousands of nominations for the list, which now includes more than 800 entries. This year’s list is culled from nominations received mostly through the university’s website and a committee makes a final cut in late December.
And now, the 2017 list:
• YOU, SIR – Hails from a more civilized era when duels were the likely outcome of disagreements. Today, we suffer on-line trolls and Internet shaming.
• FOCUS – Good word, but overused when concentrate or look at would work fine. See 1983’s banishment of, We Must Focus Our Attention.
• BÊTE NOIRE – After consulting a listing of synonyms, we gather this to be a bugbear, pet peeve, bug-boo, pain, or pest to our nominators.
• TOWN HALL MEETING – Candidates seldom debate in town halls anymore. Needs to be shown the door along with “soccer mom(s)” and “Joe Sixpack” (banned in 1997).
• POST-TRUTH – To paraphrase the late Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, we are entitled to our own opinions but not to our own facts.
• GUESSTIMATE – When guess and estimate are never enough.
• 831 – A texting encryption of, I love you: 8 letters, 3 words, 1 meaning. Never encrypt or abbreviate one’s love.
• HISTORIC – Thrown around far too much. What’s considered as such is best left to historians rather than the contemporary media.
• MANICURED – As in a manicured lawn. Golf greens are the closest grass comes to being manicured.
• ECHO CHAMBER – Lather, rinse, and repeat. After a while, everything sounds the same.
• ON FLEEK – Anything that is on-point, perfectly executed, or looking good. Needs to return to its genesis: perfectly groomed eyebrows.
• BIGLY – Did the candidate say “big league” or utter this 19th-Century word that means, in a swelling blustering manner? Who cares? Kick it out of the echo chamber!
• GHOST – To abruptly end communication, especially on social media. Is it rejection angst, or is this word really as overused as word-banishment nominators contend? Either way, our committee feels the pain.
• DADBOD – The flabby opposite of a chiseled-body male ideal. Should not empower dads to pursue a sedentary lifestyle.
• LISTICLE – Numbered or bulleted list created primarily to generate views on the Web, LSSU’s word-banishment list excluded.
• “GET YOUR DANDRUFF UP…” – The Committee is not sure why this malapropism got nominators’ dander up in 2016.
• SELFIE DRONE – In what could be an ominous development, the selfie – an irritating habit of constantly photographing and posting oneself to social media – is being handed off to a flying camera. How can this end badly?
• FRANKENFRUIT – Another food group co-opted by “frankenfood.” Not to be confused with other forms of genetically modified language.
• DISRUPTION – Nominators are exhausted from 2016’s disruption. When humanity looks back on zombie buzzwords, they will see disruption bumping into other overused synonyms for change.
Easiest way to learn how to tie shoes.
Learning how to tie shoes can be a
The Beloit College Mindset List for the Class of 2020
Students heading into their first year of college this year are mostly 18 and were born in 1998.
Among those who have never been alive in their lifetime are Frank Sinatra, Phil Hartman, Sonny Bono, and Flo-Jo.
Since they arrived on this planet….
TECHNOLOGY: There has always been eBay.
They have never had to watch or listen to programs at a scheduled time.
Bluetooth has always been keeping us wireless and synchronized.
POLITICS: Vladimir Putin has always been calling the shots at the Kremlin.
A Bush or a Clinton has always been campaigning for something big.
TRAGEDY: The Columbine school shootings occurred before they were born. This class can relate more to Sandy Hook.
TELEVISION: SpongeBob SquarePants has always lived at Bikini Bottom.
Tony and Carmela Soprano and the gang have always been part of American culture.
There has always been Sex in the City.
SPORTS: NFL coaches have always had the opportunity to throw a red flag and question the ref.
John Elway and Wayne Gretzky have always been retired.
Serena Williams has always been winning Grand Slam singles titles.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ENTIRE MINDSET LIST.
SANDUSKY AND FREMONT AMONGST THE DRUNKEST CITIES IN OHIO!
Almost one quarter of Ohioans have admitted to binge drinking at least once in the last month, according to CBS, which is the 8th highest in the the nation. Ohioans also have the 14th highest number of DUIs as well. So, using a study of the number of available places to buy booze, and by how often people are talking about drinking, while factoring in drinking-related divorce, a service called RoadSnacks found that Dayton is The Drunkest City in Ohio. That’s followed by Canton and Zanesville, but at #5 & 6 are Sandusky and Fremont! Cleveland and Lakewood round out the top 10.